The Advance Nashville Initiative
Advance Nashville is an initiative focused on helping Nashville's emerging leaders foster the public - private partnerships necessary to grow and connect Nashville's entrepreneurial ecosystem. An initiative of The Nashville Entrepreneur Center, Advance Nashville is targeting men and women to help foster relationships, communication and activity between early and experienced entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors, universities, government, community organizations, and other key stakeholders.
The Advance Nashville initiative works to:
- Grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Middle TN through effective collaboration and action.
- Engage others, find solutions, link our stakeholders, and make a difference.
- Be the front door for young entrepreneurs in Nashville.
Advance Nashville's leadership will consist of 16 professionals committed to helping Nashville become the best place in America to start a business. Selection for these key leadership roles will occur once per year and will be chosen by committee, which includes existing members of the EC Board of Directors. Once selected, Advance Nashville members will serve a one-year term and have the opportunity to reapply for additional terms.
Each leader role of Advance Nashville will own one area of focus for building our ecosystem and will be responsible for executing programs, events and initiatives that relate to the specific focus area chosen. Over time, these areas will evolve as solutions are created and progress is made.
The Advance Nashville initiative will be chaired by Michael Burcham, with monthly meetings to discuss planned activities and report progress towards individual initiatives. Within the group, an executive committee will be selected to serve as the primary leadership.
Being a part of Advance Nashville means many benefits.
- Opportunity to lead a significant initiative to help build Nashville's entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Paired with an existing Entrepreneur Center (EC) Board member for mentoring sessions and development of individual initiatives
- Have a voice to the EC Board of Directors
- Given the opportunity to present to the EC Board and see your ideas become a reality
- Free membership in the Entrepreneur Center - and participation in the Center's annual meeting
- Invited to premium EC events (VIP) at no cost
- Develop individual leadership skills in community building
- Have fun!